Balls! Energy balls that is...
We all love to snack but it's often difficult to buy healthy vegan snacks for a reasonable price. I like to make these energy balls in bulk and then they are ready for when I need them on the go. They are simple to make, healthy and super tasty, what's not to like!? I often tweak it with varying amounts of dates and nuts so it really is personal preference as to texture and taste. Here's the recipe, it makes approx 30 balls...
2 cups almonds
2 cups cashews or walnuts
500g of dates (i use M&S dates as they are super soft)
6 tbsp raw cacao
4 tbsp almond or peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1. Blend all the nuts together until crumbly
2. Add the dates and blend until all ingredients are mixed and crumbly
3. Add the cacao and nut butter and blend until the mixed throughout
4. Slowly add the water and continue to blend until it's sticky enough to mould into ball shapes (you might not need to use all the water so try to just based on consistency)
5. Mould into balls and then store in the fridge
6. Enjoy at home or take them when you're out and about for a quick energy fix!